Part 2: A Dedicated Approach to Care
At The Grande at Sterling Estates of West Cobb, we partner with the Hearthstone Institute to provide a fulfilling experience for our residents. With the partnership of Dr. John Zeisel and the Hearthstone Institute, we are proud to offer I’m Still Here® programming to our residents within our Memory Care community.
The I’m Still Here® approach to care was designed to change how those with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia live. We want our residents to live an engaging, meaningful and rewarding life, and this starts with providing a joyful, fulfilling and active life for those with Alzheimer’s disease and other cognitive challenges. Residents have the freedom to pursue what makes them happy, we simply provide the daily programming and activities that will interest them and stimulate their minds while offering the care they need.
Care That Is Anything but Typical
At The Grande at Sterling Estates of West Cobb, we use Hearthstone’s innovative tools, programs and games to inspire and engage those with memory loss while bringing enjoyment, increasing independence and enhancing confidence. Our dedicated approach to care consists of an array of programming offered by our I’m Still Here® approach while taking the preferences, interests and passions of each individual into account. Learn more about our clubs and special activities here.
- I’m Still Here® Learning Stations. Here, residents learn new information, revisit their previous knowledge, participate in familiar tasks or complete brand-new adventures. This not only encourages independent and social engagement, but emphasizes opportunities to learn new information and express creativity.
- Scripted-IMPROV™. From dramas and mini plays to props, music, dancing and so much more, our residents can enjoy laughter in our improv lab!
- “Meet Me at the Movies!” Experience the theater right at home. Here, those with memory loss can enjoy an interactive film experience. From short clips from classic films and TV to audience discussion and reminiscence, they can be stimulated and engaged.
- It Takes a Village Community Engagement. Those with Alzheimer’s disease or other forms of dementia can visit museums, the symphony and an array of other cultural venues where they can immerse themselves within the community and visit with their neighbors.
- Hearthside Book Club®. Those in various stages of dementia can enjoy a book club with specialized reading materials. The books have built-in questions, cues and other features to engage those with memory loss and staff, creating positive interactions.
At The Grande at Sterling Estates of West Cobb, we take pride in the experience we provide those with memory loss as well as the support we offer to their families. For more information about The Grande at Sterling Estates of West Cobb, please contact us today. We would be happy to schedule a time to speak to you or help you learn more.
Experience the Sterling Life
At The Grande at Sterling Estates of West Cobb, our residents can live engaging and fulfilling lives – from an array of programs and activities and a variety of amenities, to the peace of mind of dedicated care.
With spacious features that include a fitness center, dining room, and a greenhouse as well as small, easy-to-navigate neighborhoods for residents to enjoy, they can experience safety and comfort as well as the independence to explore.
As a partner with the Hearthstone Institute, we provide Dr. John Zeisel’s I’m Still Here® programming to change the way residents live and enable them to experience a joyful, fulfilling and active life while receiving the care they deserve. To learn more, contact us today!
Call us at 770-383-1779 for more information or to schedule a personal visit today.